Translate

Tuesday 25 October 2016

Poinsettia and tinsel....

after a wonderful few days last week firstly at my Nephews wedding and what a wonderful day it was, in a stately home hotel which we had all to ourselves...amazing! Followed by some time catching up with family (sadly only 1 Aunty and 2 Uncles now) and a bit of Christmas shopping in Leamington Spa and Stratford upon Avon.  And some grandchildren sleepovers this week as it's half term..a fun filled time all round!

My card for this week is for a couple of challenges simply using a poinsettia stamp I bought last year to make my Christmas cards,

 I love simple elegant (well I try!! Haha) cards so I stamped the poinsettia on a scrap of Acetate with versamark, sprinkled and heat embossed with my new wow touch of midas (so sparkly and not quite gold or silver just simply gorgeous), a computer generated sentiment and a tiny little red robin to finish it off it et voila... I hope you can see that beautiful subtle sparkle (there are quite large pieces of sparkle in this wow embossing powder which subtly
sparkle in the light..)

I have already made about 36 Christmas cards to date before thinking of this design, but funnily enough they also use my favourite vellum as a pink snowflake in the background and my beautiful leaping reindeer and the little red robin to finish.....I have attached a little photo of them too as this is also a simple idea..

Challenge; Less is More, recipe to use Acetate or Vellum
I found this Christmas challenge by accident: october -rudolph-days-challenge
And this one is soft and subtle...so The bits I have chosen to interpret are the banner (side on instead) & just one glorious flower Fusion soft and subtle


12 comments:

  1. Beautiful poinsettia and such aa cute robin :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely card - that poinsettia is so delicate and beautiful
    Jane

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful and very CAS. Love that little bird.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this simple and elegant design!
    So beautiful!
    Thank you so much for joining us at Rudolph days challenge this month!
    Gloria x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ooooh, I haven't seen that Midas embossing powder before and it looks stunning! The snowflake really becomes an eye catching focal point. Beautiful design, so clean and crisp but pretty. Thanks so much for playing along with us at Less is More :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. WOW! Very elegant and beautifil cards!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my, so beautiful Susan! Love that poinsettia in acetate - it does create an elegant Christmas card with just the little pop of red. I love the peek of your other Christmas design with the snowflake too. Thank you for playing along with us at Less is More this week :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Simply elegant and very pretty! Thanks for joining us at Fusion!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful and elegant. So clever to emboss on acetate!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love the sparkle! And great CAS cards. Nothing better than CAS. So glad you found the challenge. Sorry I am so late for commenting but thanks for playing along with the Rudolph Days challenge.

    ReplyDelete