Translate

Thursday 31 May 2012

Edgy card in dreamy shades of pink....



Inspired by the tiny vintage style jar (embellished with ribbon and button thread from Ribbon Girl) of flowers on my kitchen windowsill, I added some simple embroidery stitches (french knots) to the  flower stamps which were overlaid onto each other in shades to co-ordinate with the pink silk ribbon and threads I used for the embroidery.  I then cut around the flower shapes on the edge of the card to make an unusual shaped edge.  Card was first coloured with Natural Neutrals by Liz at Pink Petticoat in mushroom whisper and the inner of the card is sweet almond to add a bit more interest. I think my photos are improving too....I am putting this card in Ribbon Girl Challenge No 19 and LIM# 69 if I can find my way to doing it....!

5 comments:

  1. Sue, this is really pretty. love the colors.

    ReplyDelete
  2. really pretty card, love the shades of pink and the stitching gives it real interest hugs Karen x

    ReplyDelete
  3. If you wish this pretty card to be considered in our challenge, you will need to mention this in your post and also provide a link back to our challenge.
    We also ask that you link back to the post concerned rather than to your entire blog.
    Thanks so much
    Chrissie
    Finally, we also ask that you remove the Word Verification from your blog for our ease of commenting.
    Thanks.
    "Less is More"

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So upset I have been deleted and missed challenge#69 now,but am learning fast! Have followed your instructions and found the verification but am still finding my way as to how to link back to a post not the blog, will get there I hope...! Thank you again for your comments x

      Delete
  4. This is so pretty Sue, loving the pink and those sweet little knots too, well done :) Viv xx

    ReplyDelete